The Genium is the new standard of microprocessor knee technology designed to provide the user with more precise and intuitive adaptations to their movements. The Genium prosthetic knee system utilizes 9 inputs that are provided by strain gauges, gyroscopes, and accelerometers. The information is then processed by a software program that can make decisions for the user regardless of the direction of motion. Unique to the Genium, the wearer can input date to the knee by providing queues, or specific motions, to perform tasks like stepping over obstacles, climbing stairs step over step, and walking backwards. Therefore, the amputee will be able to walk through snow, sand, gravel, or grass with varying terrain without affecting their gait. In addition to these features, the Genium offers 5 modes for activities of the wearer’s choice like cycling, jogging, skiing, inline skating, tennis, etc.
Additional features and benefits of the Genium include:
- Provides optimally timed and calculated autoadaptive swing and stance resistance
- Supports multi‑directional movement, for take quick steps— forwards, backwards, and sideways
- Reduced cognitive effort due to highest degree of intuitive function of their prosthesis
- More natural symmetrical gait, with less stress on the back, the sound side, and the hip on the prosthetic side
- Improved walking on ramps and stairs
- Stand and sit more with increased ease
- More than one activity mode for varied activities such as bicycling or job tasks
The BiOM is the first commercially available foot- ankle system which generates power to emulate the amputee’s own muscle and tendon function. Presently, all other devices require the amputee to power the prosthesis. The BiOM reacts in real-time, sensing positioning of the ankle and terrain changes by analyzing approximately 250 data points per step. At the end of each step, BiOM provides a powered push-off which propels the wearer forward with a 100% energy return. By mimicking functions of calf muscles and Achilles tendon with powered toe off the BiOM enables amputees to walk with the same gait and the same effort as non-amputees—reducing fatigue and pain, improving stability and balance, and improving overall quality of life.
Features and benefits of the BiOM include:
- Rapid and real time accommodation for all terrain types that will improve biomechanics and balance reduce the risk of falling
- Restores normal ankle motion by providing a powered push-off that increases energy return by 100% and mechanical power delivery by 800%, compared to all other commercially-available ankle-foot prostheses
- Reduce intact leg stress after heel strike.
- Allows amputees to stand and move with a greater sense of stability and confidence.
- Perform activities of daily living with a normal amount of metabolic energy exertion.
- Walk at a natural speed by enabling users to increase their self-selected walking speed an average of 23%
Data gathered from www.iwalkpro.com
OUR TEAM CAN HELP!
Schedule your complimentary evaluation today.
POSI prosthetist and technicians are trained and certified by the following manufacturers for use of their products:
Ossur: Touch Bionics, I-Limb
Otto Bock: Bebionic, Michelangelo
100 Brick Road, Suite 315
Marlton, NJ 08053
440 Horsham Road, Suite 2
Horsham, PA 19044