The Genium is the new standard of microprocessor knee technology designed to provide the user with more precise and intuitive adaptations to their movements. The Genium prosthetic knee system utilizes 9 inputs that are provided by strain gauges, gyroscopes, and accelerometers. The information is then processed by a software program that can make decisions for the user regardless of the direction of motion. Unique to the Genium, the wearer can input date to the knee by providing queues, or specific motions, to perform tasks like stepping over obstacles, climbing stairs step over step, and walking backwards. Therefore, the amputee will be able to walk through snow, sand, gravel, or grass with varying terrain without affecting their gait. In addition to these features, the Genium offers 5 modes for activities of the wearer’s choice like cycling, jogging, skiing, inline skating, tennis, etc.
Additional features and benefits of the Genium include:
- Provides optimally timed and calculated autoadaptive swing and stance resistance
- Supports multi‑directional movement, for take quick steps— forwards, backwards, and sideways
- Reduced cognitive effort due to highest degree of intuitive function of their prosthesis
- More natural symmetrical gait, with less stress on the back, the sound side, and the hip on the prosthetic side
- Improved walking on ramps and stairs
- Stand and sit more with increased ease
- More than one activity mode for varied activities such as bicycling or job tasks
OUR TEAM CAN HELP!
Schedule your complimentary evaluation today.
POSI prosthetist and technicians are trained and certified by the following manufacturers for use of their products:
Ossur: Touch Bionics, I-Limb
Otto Bock: Bebionic, Michelangelo
100 Brick Road, Suite 315
Marlton, NJ 08053
440 Horsham Road, Suite 2
Horsham, PA 19044